Never say PoP doesn’t support the Unions! It seems these tips may be a bit obvious but you tell me. Number 4 is my favorite. Personally, I’d say if you are within 5 miles from your destination it’d be easier to just take a nice walk. From an email:
ATU Local 689, the transit union comprising of more than 10,000 Metro bus drivers, rail operators, administrators and technicians, is encouraging DC residents and Metro riders to become travel ambassadors during this historic Inaugural event come January 20th.
ATU Local 689′s Nine Tips for Inaugural Metro Travel
1. Begin your travel day with a smile and a positive attitude! You’re about to witness history!
2. Expect crowds and crowded trains. The District is expected to host between 2-4 million people for the inaugural celebration. Be patient, as there will be delays.
3. Dress warmly, wear comfortable shoes and pack lightly. Even if you decide to take the Metro to inaugural activities, be prepared to walk. Also, the warmer and more comfortable you are, the more helpful and friendly you can be to visitors.
4. A simple and polite “excuse me” always works. Try these friendly phrases – “Excuse me, please stand to the right on the escalator” or “Excuse me, I’m attempting to board the train.”
5. Be as helpful as possible. We are residents and Metro riders that know how things work. Let’s share the knowledge to keep things moving smoothly!
6. Be aware of your surroundings by keeping the ear buds of your music player at a level where you can hear announcements and you won’t disturb your fellow passengers.
7. Buy your Metro cards or load up your SmartTrip before January 20th. You’ll be glad you planned ahead!
8. Local ATU members are at your service to help in any way possible. Feel free to direct tourists to the Metro kiosks for any problems or concerns.
9. There will be an unusually high number of riders so please move quickly into the Metro car when the Metro stops and into the center of the car to allow more people to safely board the train.
I know cycling has problems, but the crackdown on juicing has gone too far.PoPville Photo Archives Caption Contest
All I know is I am tired of seeing every renovation is just a gut job, then a unoriginal...Good Deal or Not? “Natural wonders” edition
I love Bacio pizza in Bloomingdale! They don't offer delivery but great neighborhood...Italy Pizza Closes in Shaw
311? I think I found the flower thief. Suspect is helmeted male, hopped up on apple...PoPville Photo Archives Caption Contest
I tried their kabob last weekend, it was pretty good and a lot of food for the price....Forget Kabob Doner, Shawarma Spot Reopens in Adams Morgan